About Oru Kayak:
We are an award-winning company on a mission to make the outdoors more accessible. Our flagship product line is a series of origami folding kayaks that transform from a portable box, into a sleek, lightweight, and high-performance watercraft.
We are fast-moving and passionate about what we do, and now we're looking for the right teammate to help take us to the next level.
A successful candidate will be someone who is excited about the outdoor industry and is interested in the unique opportunities available in a startup environment.
- Our mission: Transform the way we connect to the outdoors
- Our values: We are innovators and outdoor enthusiasts, who help others connect with the outdoors and with each other
- Our vision: To be the most recognized paddlesport brand in the world
- Our strategy is adaptable. We are driven and work hard.
Title: Independent Sales Rep
Status: Full Time
Salary: Commission Only. Please send compensation requirements with your application.
Job Description: Oru Kayak is looking to build its network of independent sales professionals globally. You will drive top-line sales for dealers and retailers.
Responsibilities and Skills will include:
Actively promote Oru Kayak while delivering customer support to retail outlets in a defined geographical area.
- Demonstrate product knowledge and provide technical assistance in selecting the best product for specific paddlesport and regional applications.
- Coordinate retail customer marketing activities with the Oru Kayak marketing team as needed.
- Ensure retailers are adequately supplied with product and marketing information and trained in all aspects of the Oru Kayak brand, working with technical service and customer care teams.
- Ensure sales target is met each month and provide budget/forecast to the Oru Kayak Sales Manager on a monthly basis.
- 4-10 years of direct to consumer eCommerce marketing experience.
- Established territory required
Other Skills (Bonus/Not Required):
- Sociable and willing to help
- CRM experience
- Google Drive, Excel, Word, etc.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: “Applicant Name - Sales Rep - Application Date”